Search This Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ready to Go

Yes, we are packed. I know that to some people, packing early is a strange concept, but if you knew me, you already knew that I would be packed and ready. The only glitch was having to sew a button back on a pair of pants that I was planning on taking. I didn't trust it to hold through several wearings and two washings on the road, so I made sure it wouldn't EVER come off.

The suitcases and consumables are in the truck already. The overnight bags, ice chest, laptop, and backpack (with the directions, money, and gift cards) will all go in tomorrow morning. There are sticky notes all over the house that Marcia left for Laurel--they contain instructions for medicine and feeding and the like for all the animals. All the laundry is done, all the dishes are done. The house is as clean as it's going to get. I'm playing on the computer and Marcia is watching one of her British mysteries from Netflix. Some sleep, a shower, and we should be off around 7am. Pray for safe travels. Lots of crazy drivers on the road. Hopefully we will lose the worst ones after Atlanta.

Let's get this trip underway!

No comments:

Post a Comment