Search This Blog

Friday, June 1, 2012

The E.A.R.S. (Endangered Animal Rescue Sanctuary) in Citra

The Saturday after Thanksgiving we went to Citra, which is about an hour away, to an animal sanctuary for a tour. It's mostly big cats, but they also had monkeys and black bears. Some of the big cats were retired animals from the circus, but some were rescued from abusive situations. They were certainly well fed and cared for and they loved the keeper who was giving the tour. Apparently those pictures have disappeared from my computer, but we did get to touch (through a fence) a white tiger. His fur was very soft. I always want to rub their bellies, like my kitties let me, but this is as close as I'll ever get. We saw them feeding the big cats hunks of chicken thighs and heard the crushing of the bones as the kitties chewed through them like they were nothing. I think I'll keep my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment