Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

SINGLE MOTHERHOOD

Marcia left at 4am to catch a plane to head to Boston to visit her mother. Yes, I get along just fine with Marcia's family, but I leave in two weeks for Egypt and can't afford any more time off.

So I'm a single mother to seven babies for the next five days. The whole week before she left Marcia was giving me reminders about their feeding schedules, their medicines, their treats, their potty times, etc. Makes it sound like I never do anything with the babies doesn't it? I do things like buy the food, keep the food containers full, and keep us in a steady supply of kitty litter. I don't usually deal with all of these other items.

I had to set my alarm thirty minutes earlier so I can take care of the kitty feedings, get the dogs outside, pass out doggie medicine and treats, and give Grayson his medicine. Pee pee pads for the dogs are changed, one cat put on the patio to take care of her business, Tigger takes care of whatever the kitties left on their plates.

I just did the dinner run. Feed the dogs (with appropriate meds), clean the litter boxes while they are eating, and then take them outside separately to take care of business. Then the kitties wanted some treats and Joel is pestering his sister Bindi.

I really don't think we pay Laurel enough when she stays here and takes care of them when we are gone.

I still have the bedtime routine to do tonight as well--another potty run, fresh water, treats, more medicine for Grayson.

Marcia is sure I'm going to forget something, so I had to run down and list everything I did today to make sure I had it all covered.

Sigh, four more days to myself (sort of)...

1 comment: