Search This Blog

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Life is Expensive

Just a recap of our last week or so. Last Wednesday my car battery died. Tuesday we took Marcia's truck in for a tune-up and minor repairs. Then on Thursday we found that the washing machine was dead. I think the lightening from the storm on Monday fried the motherboard. It would be more to repair an 8 year old washer than to replace it, so we bought another one. While I was trying to call Marcia to tell her the news and get her approval, she was trying to call me because the "check engine" light came on in the truck. That turned out to only be a loose gas cap and they didn't charge us the $80 for the diagnostic. Then when they delivered the washer on Friday the drains backed up so we had to call a plumber. Since we had to pay him for a whole hour anyway we put him to work on some smaller stuff as well.

We are now officially broke for the month and it is only the 3rd. I look at the children and tell them they better not get sick because vet visits are expensive too. They don't really take me seriously for some reason....

No comments:

Post a Comment