Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday

What a beautiful day today in Gainesville!!! Sunny but not hot, nice breeze. I'll take it.

I'm spending my afternoon being a domestic goddess. Don't laugh!! I'm on the third load of laundry and I made a triple batch of spaghetti sauce that is being canned in pints as I write. Makes for some easy dinners when we are busy.

Under 4 weeks until we leave for Egypt. I am so ready to go. The documents came by email yesterday and caused about 20 hours of anxiety. The flight to Frankfurt had been changed to three hours later than originally planned and there was very little chance we would make the connection to Cairo in only 30 minutes of layover. There was no way our luggage would have made it. We would have been put on a later Egypt Air flight and would have arrived in Cairo at 5am, after travelling for two days.

I get an email today telling me of a schedule change, but a different one than the one I discovered last night. Either Gate 1 or Lufthansa changed us to United and we leave at the same time and arrive at the same time (pretty much), but going through Dulles. We didn't want to have to change planes, as every time you change a plane your luggage has a higher likelihood of getting lost. I'm just going to pack a bigger carry-on to cover that possibility and think good thoughts instead.

The next problem was that the new reservation didn't have assigned seating. I took care of that by phone but all of the good seats (2 seats instead of the 5 across) were already taken. I owe Elaine big now as she will let me have the aisle seat and she will be the one squished next up to someone else on the other side.

Let's pray they don't change anything else!!

Now, for my Friday night...Marcia is going to an awards banquet and I'm staying home and doing research for the trip. I'm watching "The Mummy". I claim it is for research, but Marcia knows it is because I like to look at Rachel Weis for 2 hours. The things I have to sacrifice in order to be prepared for this trip! A bottle or two of the hard cider I found will also be available for my sustenance. Good thing I get to sleep late in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how much I appreciate all that hard work you do and the hard cider you consume in the name of research! LOL

    ReplyDelete