Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Exciting News!

Another trip is in the works!  Our friend David Williams was mentioning last week that he really wanted to do a cruise to the Balkans this coming year.  That's on the bucket list for me, mainly for the stop in St. Petersburg, Russia.  He wanted to do the early one, in April of 2013, because of a really good deal Holland America had going.  I thought I would gather all the info and present it to Marcia as it would change our vacation plans for the next year or two, but when I talked to David on Sunday and found out he already booked, Marcia said that we could too!

So we are booked.  A 14 day Jewels of the Baltic cruise out of Rotterdam, The Netherlands on April 27, 2013.  It happened so fast my head is still spinning!  Now, it's my job to figure out how we are going to pay for this.  We are going to be on a somewhat strict budget for the next 8 months as this is more expensive than the other trip we had in mind.  The airfare alone is awful, but we have a wonderful itinerary:  Copenhagen (the only stop that I've been to before); two stops in Germany; Tallinn, Estonia; St. Petersburg, Russia; Stockholm, Sweden; and Visby, Sweden.  I'll have to see what I can do for a before and after cruise excursion since we will be in The Netherlands.

Now, what can I find to put up for sale on Ebay?  The children have been warned that they are fair game if they sit still too long! 

No comments:

Post a Comment